Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yesterday was Jackie Robinson Day


It was a site to see on MLB fields across the US yesterday as each and every player wore #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson as yesterday marked the 62nd anniversary of the first day Jackie stepped foot on a professional field as the first African American to play in the major leagues. For more of the story from mlb.com click HERE.
(n): I saw pictures and video on this last night. It always gives me chicken skin to see the aspirations of my forefathers come to fruition. This goes to show that the fight of my grandparents and that of their predecessors was not in fought in vain! On the other hand, I could also just look in the White House for that justification!!!
(L): I feel you N, we have come such a long way, and we still have an even longer path ahead of us. But its nice when the struggles of the African Americans before us is recognized. It is motivation to continue to strive for excellence!

No comments:

Post a Comment